About our School
The Programs in Alternative and Continuing Education (P.A.C.E. Centre) is an Adult Learning and Continuing Education Centre with District School Board Ontario North East. The staff at the P.A.C.E. Centre is committed to promoting learning and supporting student pathways, experiences, resources, and community partners to meet the needs and strengths of students.
The P.A.C.E. Centre has a new, inviting and spacious location! The learning environment is designed for students to have a comfortable and open workspace with flexible seating. Teachers can directly support and facilitate learning.
The new location also offers a conference room for group learning and an opportunity for students to participate in workshops or other community-based sessions at the school.
- Access to new 2 in 1 laptop (computer and tablet)
- Desktop computers, printer, and scanner
Virtual Learning Environment
- Digital learning resources
- Work submission online
- Access from school and home
- Regular communication, feedback, and grades available online
What we offer
Our course offerings have been expanded to offer students various opportunities to learn at their own pace and earn credits towards their Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma.
We offer flexible scheduling for students who may have other commitments. Students have the option of registering at P.A.C.E. Day School or the Continuing Education Program. Students interested in Day School would attend daily and have direct teacher support in person. Continuing Education students work on their courses off-site at their own pace and are supported virtually by teachers.
Students attending P.A.C.E. Day school and Continuing Education can upgrade or complete secondary school credits for graduation. Students are supported in their individual pathways to the workplace, apprenticeship, college, and university.
- Booklet courses
- eLearning courses at your own pace
- eLearning courses during a scheduled time
- Cooperative Education - Students can gain valuable work experience and earn credits
- Dual Credits - Students can earn both a college credit and a secondary school credit
Please contact the P.A.C.E. Centre to book an appointment to register.
Students who would like to attend the P.A.C.E. Centre must be:
- over the age of 18 years old
- 16-17 years old and withdrawn from parental control
The following information will need to be provided at registration:
- Proof of Birth: Driver’s License, Health Card, or any other document with your official name and birthdate
- Proof of Address: Utility Bill, Tax Bill, or any other document with your name and address